Harm is a Director of Incyte Consulting. He is an economist and an experienced telecommunications executive and management consultant with a strong background in telecommunications policy, regulation, strategy, business development, mergers and acquisitions and pricing.
Harm has been active in telecommunications for over 23 years through positions with KPN Telecom, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Continuum and Ovum Consulting. At Ovum, Harm was the Practice Leader of Ovum’s Global Telecoms Regulatory Practice, based in the UK. Harm has a deep understanding of regulatory strategy and policy, interconnection frameworks, NGN and NGA access, service costing, retail pricing, universal service and competition law issues. Harm is also active outside the regulatory area, specifically in pricing, product development, carrier services and support on corporate finance projects.
Recent projects include:
- For the government of Brunei: strategic planning, partner selection, roadshows, due diligence and negotiations on a strategic partnership to affect major changes in the fixed and mobile industry structure of Brunei.
EuropeAid funded training and development of supporting guidelines and laws on the weighted average cost of capital and accounting separation to ICTA in Turkey.
- Support on a submission to the regulator on a draft decision to mandate regulated access to cable networks in The Netherlands on behalf of VodafoneZiggo.
- Support to the Belgian cable operators’ association (Cable Belgium) on its response to the sector regulator on the review of the broadband and broadcasting markets.
- Development of business cases to assess the impact on the business of various cable network access scenarios for Telenet in Belgium.
- Ongoing support (2010 to today) in The Bahamas on topics relevant to the deregulation of the fixed and mobile sectors in The Bahamas, including interconnection, universal service, pricing, accounting separation, disputes etc.
Harm has an MSc in Business Economics and an MSc in Transport Economics, both from the Erasmus University of Rotterdam.